If you are looking for steps to block some website here is a step by step guide to perform the same through browser settings in different browsers.
For Internet Explorer
1. Load your Internet explorer
2. Click Tools
3. Click Internet Options
4. Click the Privacy tab
5. Under the Privacy window, Click Sites
6. Type in the site address that you want to Block and Click OK.
For Google Chrome
1. Open your Chrome Web Browser
2. Click the wrench symbol in he upper right corner.
3. Choose Options
4. Click Under the Hood tab.
5. Go down to the Network. Choose Change Proxy Settings.
6. Click Security, click Restricted Sites
7. Double click Sites and add the site you want block